HALON 1211 FIRE EXTINGUISHERS
Hand-held Halon 1211 fire extinguishers are required on commercial transport aircraft, and for good reason. Although classified a "liquid streaming agent," Halon 1211 also performs remarkably well as a "total flooding agent," seeking out and extinguishing fires in inaccessible
places. A 6-year maintenance and 12-year hydrostatic test are required.
H3R Aviation Halon 1211 Fire Extinguishers:
- Contain Halon 1211 recycled in accordance with the Montreal Protocol, pressurized with nitrogen
- Utilize rugged steel cylinders and all metal valve construction for exceptional durability
- Have a pressure gauge to enable easy confirmation of charge
- Have been tested to ANSI/UL 711 and UL 1093
- Meet DOT requirements
- Meet the requirements in Advisory Circular 20-42D , "Hand Held Extinguishers for Aircraft" and/or NFPA 408, "Standard for Aircraft Hand Portable Fire Extinguishers"